As our name implies, Volunteer Hospice of Clallam County depends on its volunteers to play a vital role in day-to-day operation. Our volunteers reflect the Hospice mission and give freely of their time and talent, affirming life while serving others. For those interested in becoming a volunteer, we make every effort to match talents and skills with appropriate areas of service. Some volunteers come to us with professional degrees and experience, or specific expertise in a given field, but most are just folks who want to help their friends and neighbors while serving the community.
We currently have over 150 volunteers serving in the following areas:
- Office support
- Delivery of hospital equipment
- Grief and bereavement services
- Equipment maintenance
- Respite support
- IT services
- Community outreach
- Grant writing
- … and much more
How to Become a Volunteer
• Call the Volunteer Services Manager to make an appointment.
• Complete a Volunteer Application packet.
• Take part in a brief interview.
• Pass background check.
• Complete 6-week Community & Volunteer Education Series (CVES).
• Accept assignments after training is completed.
• Continue attending monthly In-Service training.
Talk to the Volunteer Services Manager
If you would like more information about volunteering with VHOCC, please call Astrid Raffinpeyloz, Volunteer Services Manager, (360) 452-1511 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.